Thứ Tư, 27 tháng 7, 2022

Cách diễn đạt thành ngữ tiếng Anh với động từ "Give" và "Take"

EXPRESSION WITH "GIVE":

  • The interviewers asked me to give an example of my best work.
  • The professor gave a speech to the students about her new discovery.
  • I had a big suitcase, so Selma offered to give me a lift to the airport.
  • When Carole had her first baby, she close to give birth in a hospital.
  • The dog gave the impression that he wanted to go out for a walk.
  • Drivers should always give priority to pedestrians.
  • Emily is giving a presentation about the company’s sales figures.
  • My father gave me a hug when he heard I’d passed my final exam.
  • When Danny got to the hotel, he gave me a call to say he had arrived safety.
  • The journalist kept asking the politician to give an answer to the question.

EXPRESSION WITH "TAKE":

  • Jorge gets up very early, so he usually takes a nap after lunch.
  • Fions asked us to take a look at her new motorcycle. She’s really proud it.
  • Zora took a bite from her piece of birthday cake. It was delicious!
  • Mario and I are taking a drawing class this evening.
  • Hamid took a photo of his class in front of the Colosseum.
  • The receptions asked me to take a seat while I waited for the hairdresser.
  • Dwayne likes to take a shower as soon as he gets home from work.
  • We decided to take a chance with the weather and set off on our hike.
  • Near the end of the race, Axel passed the other athletes and took the lead.
  • Oscar had to take a fitness test before working as a police officer.
VOCABULARY :

EXPRESSION WITH "GIVE":

1/ give an example :

  • The interviewers asked me to give an example of my best work.
2/ give a speech :
  • The professor gave a speech to the students about her new discovery.
3/ give me a lift:
  • I had a big suitcase, so Selma offered to give me a lift to the airport.
4/ give birth:
  • When Carole had her first baby, she close to give birth in a hospital.
5/ give the impression:
  • The dog gave the impression that he wanted to go out for a walk.
6/ give priority :
  • Drivers should always give priority to pedestrians.
7/ give a presentation :
  • Emily is giving a presentation about the company’s sales figures.
8/ give me a hug :
  • My father gave me a hug when he heard I’d passed my final exam.
9/ give me a call :
  • When Danny got to the hotel, he gave me a call to say he had arrived safety.
10/ give an answer :
  • The journalist kept asking the politician to give an answer to the question.

EXPRESSION WITH "TAKE":

1/ take a nap :

  • Jorge gets up very early, so he usually takes a nap after lunch.
2/ take a look :
  • Fions asked us to take a look at her new motorcycle. She’s really proud it.
3/ take a bite:
  • Zora took a bite from her piece of birthday cake. It was delicious!
4/ take a class :
  • Mario and I are taking a drawing class this evening.
5/ take a photo :
  • Hamid took a photo of his class in front of the Colosseum.
6/ take a seat  :
  • The receptions asked me to take a seat while I waited for the hairdresser.
7/ take a shower :
  • Dwayne likes to take a shower as soon as he gets home from work.
8/ take a chance :
  • We decided to take a chance with the weather and set off on our hike.
9/ take the lead :
  • Near the end of the race, Axel passed the other athletes and took the lead.
10/ take a test :
  • Oscar had to take a fitness test before working as a police officer.

VIDEO
(đang cập nhật)
TÀI LIỆU THAM KHẢO:
(đang cập nhật)

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét