Thứ Tư, 27 tháng 7, 2022

Cách diễn đạt thành ngữ tiếng Anh với động từ "Pay", “Hold”, “Catch”, “Keep”

EXPRESSION WITH "PAY" :

  1. I live with my parents but pay my way by buying groceries.
  2. The children paid close attention to Joln as he told them about his travels.
  3. When our CEO retired, Nisha paid tribute to her with a wonderful speech.
  4. Kelly paid me a compliment and said she likes my new haircut.
  5. Two firefighters paid a visit to my son’s school today to talk about fire safety.
  6. It was so kind of you to lend me that money to get my car fixed. I can pay you back now.

EXPRESSION WITH "HOLD" :

  1. We hold a meeting each Monday to discuss the week ahead
  2. Mark holds a grudge against me because I didn’t give him a promotion last year
  3. I had to hold my tongue when Julian showed me his new suit. It was horrible!
  4. I’m trying to call the bank and they’ve asked me to hold the line. It’s so annoying! (UK)

EXPRESSION WITH "CATCH":

  1. Raul caught a glimpse of a deer as he hiked through the forest.
  2. I must have caught a cold from that man who couldn’t stop sneezing on the train.
  3. After climbing the stairs, I stopped to catch my breath.
  4. We need to tell the waiter we’re ready to order. Let’s try and catch his eye.
  5. Don’t stand so close to the stove. Your clothers could catch fire!
  6. Pari usually drives to work, but she caught the train this morning  .

EXPRESSION WITH "KEEP" :

  1. It’s important to keep your distance when you drive on busy roads.
  2. Cleo told me about her mom’s surprise party but asked me to keep it a secret.
  3. Natalie always keeps calm when she has to talk a angry custumers.
  4. The teacher asked the students to keep quiet during the test. 
VOCABULARY :

EXPRESSION WITH "PAY" :

1/Pay my way :
  1. I live with my parents but pay my way by buying groceries.
2/Pay close attention :
  1. The children paid close attention to Joln as he told them about his travels.
3/Pay tribute :
  1. When our CEO retired, Nisha paid tribute to her with a wonderful speech.
4/Pay me a compliment :
  1. Kelly paid me a compliment and said she likes my new haircut.
5/Pay a visit:
  1. Two firefighters paid a visit to my son’s school today to talk about fire safety.
6/Pay you back :
  1. It was so kind of you to lend me that money to get my car fixed. I can pay you back now.
EXPRESSION WITH "HOLD" :

1/hold a meeting: 
  • We hold a meeting each Monday to discuss the week ahead
2/hold a grudge :
  • Mark holds a grudge against me because I didn’t give him a promotion last year
3/hold my tongue :
  • I had to hold my tongue when Julian showed me his new suit. It was horrible!
4/hold the line :
  • I’m trying to call the bank and they’ve asked me to hold the line. It’s so annoying! (UK)

EXPRESSION WITH "CATCH":

1/ catch a glimpse of :

  • Raul caught a glimpse of a deer as he hiked through the forest.
2/ catch a cold :
  • I must have caught a cold from that man who couldn’t stop sneezing on the train.
3/ catch my breath :
  • After climbing the stairs, I stopped to catch my breath.
4/ catch his eye :
  • We need to tell the waiter we’re ready to order. Let’s try and catch his eye.
5/ catch fire:
  • Don’t stand so close to the stove. Your clothers could catch fire!
6/ catch the train :
  • Pari usually drives to work, but she caught the train this morning  .

EXPRESSION WITH "KEEP" :

1/ keep your distance  :

  • It’s important to keep your distance when you drive on busy roads.
2/ keep it a secret :
  • Cleo told me about her mom’s surprise party but asked me to keep it a secret.
3/ keep calm  :
  • Natalie always keeps calm when she has to talk a angry custumers.
4/ keep quiet :
  • The teacher asked the students to keep quiet during the test. 

VIDEO
(đang cập nhật)
TÀI LIỆU THAM KHẢO:
(đang cập nhật)

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét