Thứ Tư, 27 tháng 7, 2022

Cách diễn đạt thành ngữ tiếng Anh với động từ "Make" và "Do"

EXPRESSION WITH "MAKE":

  • made some friends from the local area while I was on vacation.
  • I was really pleased when Sue made a cake for my birthday.
  • These desserts all look so good! It’s difficult to make a choice.
  • made a phone call to our client in India to discuss some important business.
  • Doug is making progress on his new novel and hopes to finish it soon.
  • I was quite offended when Laura made a joke about my new sweater.
  • We’re making arrangements for our summer vacation in Italy.
  • My daughter always makes her bed in the morning.
  • The children had fun painting but they’ve really made a mess.
  • There’s something wrong with the photocopier. It’s making a strange noise.

EXPRESSION WITH "DO":

  • Luiz does the cooking every evening after he gets home from work.
  • Katy is doing well in her new job. She’s getting lots of customers.
  • We did an experiment in the laboratory as part of our research project.
  • Do your best in the game today! I know you can beat the other team.
  • Paul and Liam do the laundry every Sunday so that they have clean.
  • Can you do me a favor and get that book down from the shelf?
  • Zoe did her hair before her best friend’s engagement party.
  • The flood did a lot of damage to our house, so we had to move out.
  • I always do my homework as soon as I get home from school.
  • I want to get fit, so I’ve started doing exercise every day.
VOCABULARY :

EXPRESSION WITH "MAKE":

1/ Make some friends :
  • I made some friends from the local area while I was on vacation.
  • Vacation /və'kei∫n/ Danh từ  Kỳ nghỉ hè, kỳ nghỉ lễ (ở trường học); kỳ hưu thẩm (của toà án) 

2/ Make a cake : 
  • I was really pleased when Sue made a cake for my birthday.
  • Pleased /pli:zd/ Tính từ  Hài lòng (thể hiện sự thoả mãn về ai/cái gì)

3/ Make a choice:
  • These desserts all look so good! It’s difficult to make a choice.
  • Dessert /dɪˈzɜrt/ Danh từ Món tráng miệng

4/ Make a phone call:
  • I made a phone call to our client in India to discuss some important business.
  • Discuss /dɪs'kʌs/ Ngoại động từ -Thảo luận, bàn cãi, tranh luận (một vấn đề)

  • Business/'bizinis/ Danh từ  Việc buôn bán, việc kinh doanh, việc thương mại 
  • India /'indiə/ : Tên đầy đủ: Ấn Độ 
5/ Make progress:
  • Doug is making progress on his new novel and hopes to finish it soon.
  • Progress /'prougres/ Danh từ  Sự tiến tới, sự tiến bộ, sự đi lên

  • Novel /ˈnɒvəl/ Danh từ Tiểu thuyết, truyện 
6/ Make a joke :
  • I was quite offended when Laura made a joke about my new sweater.
  • Joke /dʒouk/ Danh từ  Lời nói đùa, câu nói đùa

    • Offend /ə´fend/ Ngoại động từ Xúc phạm, làm bực mình, làm khó chịu, làm mất lòng, làm tổn thương

7/ Make arrangements :
  • We’re making arrangements for our summer vacation in Italy.
  • Arrange /ə'reinʤ/ Ngoại động từ  Sắp xếp, sắp đặt, sửa soạn ; Thu xếp; chuẩn bị

8/ Make her bed:
  • My daughter always makes her bed in the morning.
9/ Make a mess:
  • The children had fun painting but they’ve really made a mess.
  • Mess /mes/ Danh từ Tình trạng hỗn độn, tình trạng lộn xộn, tình trạng bừa bộn; tình trạng bẩn thỉu

10/ Make a noise:
  • There’s something wrong with the photocopier. It’s making a strange noise.
  • Noise /nɔiz/ Danh từ Tiếng; tiếng ồn ào, tiếng om sòm, tiếng huyên náo

EXPRESSION WITH "DO":

1/ Do the cooking :

  • Luiz does the cooking every evening after he gets home from work.
2/ Do well :
  • Katy is doing well in her new job. She’s getting lots of customers.
3/ Do an experiment :
  • We did an experiment in the laboratory as part of our research project.
4/ Do your best :
  • Do your best in the game today! I know you can beat the other team.
5/ Do the laundry:
  • Paul and Liam do the laundry every Sunday so that they have clean.
6/ Do me a favor :
  • Can you do me a favor and get that book down from the shelf?
7/ Do her hair :
  • Zoe did her hair before her best friend’s engagement party.
8/ Do a lot of damage :
  • The flood did a lot of damage to our house, so we had to move out.
9/ Do my homework :
  • I always do my homework as soon as I get home from school.
10/ Do exercise :
  • I want to get fit, so I’ve started doing exercise every day.

VIDEO
(đang cập nhật)
TÀI LIỆU THAM KHẢO:
(đang cập nhật)

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét